School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 School Bus Equipment
 Enter Forum: School Bus Equipment
 Bus veteran offers advice on diesel, buyses, etc.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

patrick young

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  11:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit patrick young's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy folks

I'm a bus nut, who uses buses to haul medical supplies to Central America and Haiti. Plelase read my blurb below, and contact me if I can help with anything.

thanks

Pat Young
Wheelchair Project
=======
Howdy fellow Enthusiast/Bus Fan

I am new to the site, but I already recognize many of the nice bus folks and names I’ve seen for years on the Net. So I wanted to drop a line to some of the members who I think I might be able to share information with, or possibly lend assistance.

I am a retired school teacher (not by choice) who has been working with buses and trucks and diesel stuff for about 18 years. I've also owned 3 diesel Mercedes, a diesel Isuzu (Great car!), Lister Diesels, Deutz diesels, and I have also had two Nissan diesel pickups. I started driving a truck (Int’l Fleetstar 2000D, 6-71 DD, 10 speed Roadranger) 31 years ago when I was in the military.

I'm best on school buses, so if you have an expensive silversides 4104 I will be of only limited help. But I do know quite a bit about engines in general, especially Cummins, CAT, Detroits and IHC. I’ve helped rebuild a CAT 1160 V-8, and a 180 Cummins, so I learned a lot and got very dirty!

I currently have several Crowns, some Gilligs, a Ford/Gillig, an International/Ward, and also LOTS of tires and bus parts. I mean LOTS!

I have a very simple policy on selling anything, from an entire bus to the smallest part. If you are unsatisfied with anything, just return it undamaged for a full refund. That includes the entire bus, as long as you don’t keep it for 10 years. Bus parts and buses only appreciate in value (well OK s.l.o.w.l.y appreciate) so I won’t be hurt, nor will I have any hard feelings. I’ll just sell it to somebody else later.

I have also dismantled 7 buses (one Crown, two Fords and four Gilligs) and know a lot about their innards. I’ve spent waaaay too much time underneath a bus!

So if you need any help, feel free to give me a call or an e-mail.

Have a good one

Patrick Young
Wheelchair Project
Fresno, CA
WheelchairBusProject@yahoo.com
(559) 244-1042 (559) 251-3814
http://www.fresnoalliance.com/wheelchairproject

khall@honorsacademy.org

2 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  1:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit khall@honorsacademy.org's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are a charter school district in Dallas, Texas. We have a 2000 International Harvester School Bus (71 passenger) and are trying to determine its worth in order to decide whether to sell or not. Is there a place that offers the value of these? A "Kelley Blue Book" equivalent perhaps? Thanks so much. Please reply to khall@honorsacademy.org.
Go to Top of Page

mpbsr

2 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  4:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit mpbsr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the capacity of the fuel tank on a 2010 Thomas model # 11185?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000