Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  11:14:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the 2003s with the 4XXXX numbers were a 2003 IC CE and a 2003 Thomas Saf-T-Liner EF.

Regardless of the quirks, I like Ohio's ID system. The quirks just make it a little more interesting

Due to the current economic condition, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Go to Top of Page

Busdude3
Top Member

USA
1178 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  12:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Busdude3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ryan, who owns those 2003s with those IDs like that?
Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  1:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jackson has the CE and Bay Village (?) has the shorty EF

Due to the current economic condition, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Go to Top of Page

w155jmh

18 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  07:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out in Mike's bus yard (http://buses.thesummit.biz/) under Wayne/International/1990's Lifeguard Ohio #5--presumably a 1989 or 1990 model with 60167 ID.
Go to Top of Page

Harvestman

4 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  10:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Harvestman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm aware that this is a very old thread. Had a couple of questions.

Other than buying/selling a bus, what changes would be needed in order for a new ID to be issued? I have seen buses that appeared to be original to one fleet, yet were issued new IDs at some point.

I've seen buses running around from companies like Paul's Bus Service in Cincinnati that have license plates in addition to ID numbers. Why is this? Something to do with charter usage, perhaps?
(Additionally, I recently saw a few used buses purchased by Paul's running around without ID numbers. Wasn't aware that was an OK thing to do.)

And for the record, Ohio eventually did go into 9xxxx fleet numbers, but not very far.
Go to Top of Page

Carp_26
Administrator

United States
170 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2016 :  1:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'll notice some re-issued ID's because the State issued duplicate ID's. So, two vehicles were issues the same 5 digit ID. We received a new ID for a bus we took out of service but had repairs done and put the unit back into service. You are correct. A contractor, like Paul's when "For Hire" will use a license plate over their State ID number. Ohio districts can drive a new or recently purchased bus for 30 days after inspection while waiting on the new ID numbers to be issued. We carry a copy of our inspection form in new buses until the ID numbers are issued to the district.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000