Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 62

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  3:14:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey. I added two new pictures to my Webshots site. Bus 169 of Fauquier County and Bus 115 of Culpeper County. Both are IC CE 200's. Most likely 2005's.

http://community.webshots.com/user/icre1629
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  6:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice pics 1629!
Go to Top of Page

Drew19
Top Member

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  7:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Drew19 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Like the 06 RE'S interior.

Edited by - Drew19 on 07/24/2005 7:40:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  7:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I Like it too. It has the black interior window frames with the glow in the dark tabs to guide you when opeing the window. The emergency side door window is level to the rest of the windows. It has higher seat backs, and is just nice!
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  05:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the complement IC-RE.
Go to Top of Page

specialneeds54
Advanced Member

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  5:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vabuslover

A friend of mine is going to Caroline County for the Boy Scut Jamboree. I think he said that they use school buses for shuttling visitors around. Maybe if he can get some pics he can share them with me.

VAbuslover Did you hear the news about four or five people getting killed today at Fort AP Hill Something about a Car hitting a Pole and Knocking power Lines on a tent Killing everyone that was inside I think it was all adults very sad
Do you get channel wwbt 12

Edited by - specialneeds54 on 07/25/2005 5:19:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  07:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard about that incident. According to the Washington Post, these cub scout pack leaders either had or were setting up their tent and one of the metal tent stakes touched the power line and killed them.

I'd think they would have the sense not to pitch a tent near a power line.......
Go to Top of Page

specialneeds54
Advanced Member

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  12:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Link http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/072005/07262005/0726accident
So Sad
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  3:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's hope that kind of accident never happens again.
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  4:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'read that this may be the last Boy Scout jamboree at Fort A P Hill anyway. The Army spends some taxpayer money to host the thing and some group has sued to prevent public money from going to a religious group (Boy Scouts). It is said that the lawsuit was payback for the Scouts successfully throwing out some gay scout leaders.....POLITICS!

This jamboree is a pretty big deal.....10s of thousands of scouts come from all over the WORLD.....not just the States.
Go to Top of Page

specialneeds54
Advanced Member

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  4:42:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We made national news today President Bush is going to be her tomorrow I started to drive by there today just to see all the news people I live only 5 Minutes from there someone had mentioned about them using School busses to transport I seen them on the news today but they are not ours
My heart breaks for the family of these leaders that were Killed
Can we please say a little prayer for them and thier families tonight
Go to Top of Page

rrodriguez34

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  5:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good point specialneeds we need to keep the families in our prayers
Go to Top of Page

disneynuts
Advanced Member

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  03:14:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit disneynuts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the boy scouts use contractors from waldorf maryland. keller bus and compton bus. each of those have over 150 school bus contracts with charles county. there are many other contractors in maryland.

keller has served the jamboree since 81 when it moved to a.p. hill.

drivers stay at a hotel near kings dominion. work long hours for the two weeks.
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  06:04:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know what kind of buses these two contractors have?
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  1:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Disneynuts, what bus did you end up taking, The HDX, The C2 or an IC RE?
Go to Top of Page

disneynuts
Advanced Member

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  02:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit disneynuts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ic re

still driving the hdx. the c2 is not here yet. should be in the next week.

the ic were not available to me.

1629 keller bus and Compton Bus use IHC chassis. Thomas bodies up until they could not get IHC. Now IC Bodies.
Go to Top of Page

Drew19
Top Member

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  05:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Drew19 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by disneynuts

ic re

1629 keller bus and Compton Bus use IHC chassis. Thomas bodies up until they could not get IHC. Now IC Bodies.

How do you like driving the HDX? Do you guys still own some carpenter buese a couple of weeks ago I think I saw your service use one but the first part of the lettering on the side was black out.
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  08:36:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

ic re

Are you going to take the C2 when it comes in or stick with the HDX?

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

disneynuts
Advanced Member

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  08:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit disneynuts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
drew

we still have one carpenter. the name should not be blacked out.

it is being traded in on the c2.

thomas86. will drive it and see. the hdx is really great. the mercedes engine is very quiet compared to the cats.
Go to Top of Page

Drew19
Top Member

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  08:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Drew19 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

drew

we still have one carpenter. the name should not be blacked out.

it is being traded in on the c2.

thomas86. will drive it and see. the hdx is really great. the mercedes engine is very quiet compared to the cats.

oh I saw one whe I was on the toll road and it was going into herndon, it was a carpenter with IHC front.
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  09:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was in an 04 Freightliner the past two years and really enjoyed that and was impressed with the performance of the Mercedes engine. We bought out first HDX an 03 model a few years ago bus I passed on it since I liked my conventionals. We had two new 06's come in and I've decided to take one, I like the drivers area in the HDX and the visibility transits give these have the MBE engine as well so I imagine I'll like the bus. Everyone that first drives the HDX's always says that the mirrors take a little getting used to at first, which I agree with, I really like how all three flat/convex/crossview are integrated.

Let us know what you think of the C2, our next bus might be a conventional instead of an HDX so I like to get lots of opinions.

Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  10:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Thomas HDX is a nice bus, though I don't like how the dash is set up. It is really cluttered and chaotic looking in my opinion. This is also a reason I prefer an IC, because the dash is a very simplistic layout, and a little nicer looking.

One thing I will say though, I really like the huge engines available for Thomas buses. More power is better in my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  11:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There is a lot on the dash however I like it that way, I prefer having the light monitor and radio controls on the dash or control panel instead of up above. This is of course the reason why some people prefer some units over others, it all depends on how you like things set up.

Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  12:09:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. Everyone has there own liking. For instance, you like the cluttered set-up of the Thomas HDX, and I like the simplicity of the IC RE.
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  2:24:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am really starting to like SOMEof the Thomas Built prodicts, I was on an 05 HDX the other day, and it was NICE, I like it with the newer rear with only the one rear winddow, not the three, I just don't like how you have to look to the side to see your guages. I like how the switches to the left of the driver are lest cluttered then the IC RE. I do like the IC's dash right in front of you and not off to the side, but many a driver have complained about how the switches to the left of the driver are not spread out, and you end up hitting more than one switch as a time. I HATE the Thomas's we have, they are 1993-1998 MVP ER's, that dash is TERRIBLE, but they did a nice job on the HDX's! The C2 is growing on me too, but I will forever be an International LOVER, go AmTran, Ward, and IC!!
Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  2:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I agree. Everyone has there own liking. For instance, you like the cluttered set-up of the Thomas HDX, and I like the simplicity of the IC RE.

I know you have stated your reasons for not liking the HDX driver's area, but that's ergonomics for you. I personally cannot stomach any IC RE or FE for that matter. The CE is very nice in my books, but the IC transit offerings lack driver's ergonomics. They layout is too spread out, and some things are out of reach (for instance the climate control and other stuff above head). Just about everything in the Thomas HDX is within an arms reach. AH to each his own. I dont think it is cluttered, maybe a little busy. I would guess when the new IC transits come out, they too will be busy. It's all design ergonomics.
Greg
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  3:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I said, everyone has there own tastes. Some like Thomas's, some IC's, some Blue Bird's, etc.

Moving on......

Does anyone know of contractor named Woodlawn? I've recently been seeing there buses around and want to know more about them.
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  6:44:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that I've had a chance to drive a couple of HDXs, I must say, overall the driver's area and mirrors make a lot of sense, and are very functional. Before I had the chance to drive an HDX, I didn't care for the way the driver's area was designed, but once I had a chance to see it in action, I was very impressed. While the mirrors take some time to get used to, they seem quite good!

Go to Top of Page

disneynuts
Advanced Member

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  02:36:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit disneynuts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
woodlawn is out of baltimore county.
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  05:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that a Virginia county? I'm sorry, I don't know the names of many Virginia counties, neither am I good at geography.

What kind of buses do they operate. I know Blue Bird Internationals for one.
Go to Top of Page

specialneeds54
Advanced Member

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  11:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seen three of the Busses from the Boy Scout Jamboree Wednesday Fueling up same time I was They Have Charter on the Top of them and and Charles COunty On the Side of them Some of the drivers were in Uniform Some were not. The were very Polite I am sorry I am ignorant when it comes to certain bus Types I think they were Freightliners Looked like it anyway anyone who has watched news Footage on the Jamboree will most Likely know what they are. I seen a Spotsylvania Bus today that was a Pug Nose I did not know Spotsy had any of these It had Thomas On the Front of it.
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  12:34:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From your description, I think your talking about the C2 that Spotslvania recently bought.
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  2:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey 1629, I do believe Baltimore County is in Maryland....
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  2:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think your right. Like I said, I stink at geography!
Go to Top of Page

specialneeds54
Advanced Member

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  3:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just Googled Baltimore and there is one in VA
Looks like it is near Warrenton
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 62 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000