Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 62

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2012 :  11:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are some rare VA Crown by Carpenters up or auction.

http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=738971
http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=738972
http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/auction/view?auc=738974
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  8:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know who this bus could have belonged to back in the day? Pic was taken in 2005.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48773958@N05/8180375739/in/photostream
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  3:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm saying 1990 ER from Richmond City Public Schools.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2012 :  10:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sonny Merryman called me today! What a sweet man! It was so nice talking on the phone with a man who is so influential in the bus industry. I hope to meet him this summer. He kept telling me, "I'm 88 years-old, I won't be here much longer, so don't keep putting off coming up to Virginia."

Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  6:59:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I can tell you he is a great guy full of knowledge. I am proud to know him and deal with his company. MAKE THE TRIP!!

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2012 :  10:53:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by C.HARDY

I can tell you he is a great guy full of knowledge. I am proud to know him and deal with his company. MAKE THE TRIP!!

That's EXACTLY what I'm doing in a few weeks. My parents have given me permission to take a trip to see the most influential bus dealer in America!

Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  2:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Poor Sonnny is almost completely blind but still knows who you are when you visit. Take the time to meet the great staff there as well. They are really a top notch dealership that truly believes in and backs their product to the fullest. You will be glad you came to Virginia.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2012 :  3:17:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Poor Sonnny is almost completely blind but still knows who you are when you visit. Take the time to meet the great staff there as well. They are really a top notch dealership that truly believes in and backs their product to the fullest. You will be glad you came to Virginia.

Unfortunately Sonny has also recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer as well. :(
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  4:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are there any districts still running gasoline powered conventional buses in Virginia? The last county that I am aware of was Northampton County and they just recently traded in their last two gasoline powered buses..

Go to Top of Page

CarsonMP

6 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  05:01:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonMP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tatum

Are there any districts still running gasoline powered conventional buses in Virginia? The last county that I am aware of was Northampton County and they just recently traded in their last two gasoline powered buses..

If you are talking about fill 'er up smelly buses, Manassas Park still has em'. We recently received some new CEs. 3 2011 CEs and a 2010-2011 CE Handicap. The handicap, numbered 33, is a normal sized bus. It has been out though recently because of having to regen the engine a LOT in the past few weeks. I was riding one of the new CEs, 34, and we had to pull off the road and get another bus to pick us up. It smelled terrible outside the bus. IC/Navistar is going down the hole in my opinion. Funny thing is, 32, my bus, is the first 2010 CE with full LED and it hasn't had a single problem.
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  10:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonMP

quote:
Originally posted by Tatum

If you are talking about fill 'er up smelly buses, Manassas Park still has em'. We recently received some new CEs. 3 2011 CEs and a 2010-2011 CE Handicap. The handicap, numbered 33, is a normal sized bus. It has been out though recently because of having to regen the engine a LOT in the past few weeks. I was riding one of the new CEs, 34, and we had to pull off the road and get another bus to pick us up. It smelled terrible outside the bus. IC/Navistar is going down the hole in my opinion. Funny thing is, 32, my bus, is the first 2010 CE with full LED and it hasn't had a single problem.

No, I wasn't really talking about normal gasoline powered buses. Nothing smelly about them. ;)

Carson, if you want to see the pics I took at Sonny Merryman, they're right here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57016435@N04/sets/72157632487452425/
Go to Top of Page

CarsonMP

6 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  5:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonMP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sweet! I told my dad about them and we might take a trip there! Thanks Tatum! BTW, I miss you XD

And BTW, my friend and I walked behind one of the buses and the teachers thought we were high. Thats how bad our ER smells.

Edited by - CarsonMP on 01/19/2013 5:41:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  08:10:22 AM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Uhhh Manassas is all diesel as far as I know.....Maybe a gas minotour but no large buses. Northampton was the last to switch to diesel for the large buses and they still have a few left.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

CarsonMP

6 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  2:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonMP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A lot of interesting new things in here!

http://www.doe.virginia.gov/boe/regulations/state/bus_specifications.pdf

Anyone on here from Northern VA? There was recently a Vista Handy for sale from Chesterfield County and theres a nice Thomas Int'l Handy with LED rear lighting and an AC unit sitting up on 28 just pass the McDonalds. I got pics of the Vista but its gone. I think it was $5,300 for the Int'l.
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  8:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw a ton of Prince William County HDXs, EFs, and C2s, plus a Mintour of theirs. Do they have many 96-98 ERs left in service or have they all been retired? Also saw a few Fairfax REs and an ER that had an emerged exit door almost right by the driver's window!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonMP

6 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2013 :  2:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonMP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah! I forgot! I see PWC's Mintour every morning! I see it at the top of the school's street. Its nice. I think they still might have them as spares, I see old yellow roofed ERs being used sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  12:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this one of the Fairfax buses that was sent to the Gulf Coast after Katrina?

http://gulfport.craigslist.org/cto/3768259542.html
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2013 :  7:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes definately an old Fairfax war wagon

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  8:50:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any idea which county these are from?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-International-School-Bus-3800-T444E-Spicer-Manual-Hydraulic-Brakes-VA-Bus-/130945252633?pt=Buses&hash=item1e7cf1fd19#v4-40

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-International-School-Bus-3800-T444E-Spicer-Manual-Hydraulic-Brakes-VA-Bus-/141014408561?pt=Buses&hash=item20d51d1d71#ht_500wt_1182

Edited by - Tatum on 07/11/2013 8:51:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  9:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would guess Greene County.
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  4:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldnt think so....they are still running buses in the 80s

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2013 :  7:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I wouldnt think so....they are still running buses in the 80s

I base my guess on the grounds that the seller is in Ruckersville which is in Greene County. Also because the blacked out word on the beltline is short like Greene.
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  9:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think they are getting trade ins from Kingmoor Supply. I just know Greene is a poor county and they still have a ton of older buses and didnt think they would sell something that new. He has several buses right now from several counties is why I'm thinking Kingmoor must be doing trade ins. I bought a bus from M&M a few years ago and the title had Kingmoor's name on it.

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 62 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000