Five more pupil transportation professionals from the U.S. and Canada have passed the Special Needs Transportation Training program.
Here's the latest group to earn the endorsement, which is offered by the National Association for Pupil Transportation:
• Susan Hill-Smith, field coordinator, Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Salem, Ore.
• Molly McDonald, area supervisor, Granite School District, West Valley City, Utah
• Thomas Weeks, area safety and compliance supervisor, Student Transportation of America, Buffalo, N.Y.
• Karen Irwin, scheduler/dispatcher, Adams 12 Five Star Schools, Thornton, Colo.
• Doug Drummond, planner, Elk Island Public Schools, Sherwood Park, Alberta
The Special Needs Transportation Training curriculum is designed to increase participants' knowledge about transporting students with disabilities. For more information on the program, go here.