DALLAS — Dallas County Schools (DCS) and Force Multiplier Solutions (FMS) have partnered to launch BusGuard, a fully integrated security and transit management system.
Officials for FMS said the system is scalable and upgradable, featuring real-time video and audio with additional options and special features based on the needs of each school district.
“Since we have introduced this program, our goal has been to ensure every student is transported safely to and from school every day,” DCS Superintendent Dr. Rick Sorrells said. “Throughout Texas, student safety is a top priority, which is why we want to provide this program to other cities."
FMS officials said that the BusGuard system uses cutting-edge smart technology to enhance student safety, including:
• Real-time 3G/4G communication via two-way voice over IP.
• Multiple interior cameras to provide live security.
• Multiple stop-arm cameras to deter and fine violators.
• "Thumbs-Up!" thumbprint scanner to ensure student manifest and routes.
• Automatic vehicle locator and tracker with GPS and accelerometer to report live telemetry data.
• "Pedophile Finder" rear-facing camera.
• Driver "Panic" emergency button.
BusGuard also offers an inertia sensor, vehicle diagnostics, automatic report generation, automatic data download and alternative radio-frequency identification sensors.