Tyler Technologies Inc.'s new Versatrans Student Tracking solution provides dispatchers instant access to information on where students get on or off a bus, whether it’s their stop or not.
The Versatrans Student Tracking solution includes hardware and software, making it a complete student ridership management tool. Tyler Technologies researched the tracking technology available today and chose a 13.56 MHz radio frequency identification (RFID) solution because of its accuracy, ease of use and cost effectiveness, according to the company.
Officials said that because this type of technology is already in use by many school districts for lunch point-of-sales systems and library systems, students are already familiar with the process of presenting their cards. In many cases, the same card may be used for all RFID applications.
Some of the features and benefits of the Verstrans Student Tracking solution include:
● Positive read confirmation
● Ability to install a scanner at each bus entry point
● Standard RFID swipe cards
● No personal data is stored on swipe cards or in the reader
● Complete list of past scans for any student in report form or displayed on the student screen
● Report on which, where and when students got on or off of a bus during a route
● Use of HID iCLASS RW400 Contactless Smart Card Reader and HID iCLASS Contactless Clamshell Smart Card
● Lifetime warranty on all hardware and RFID cards
● All hardware and software is provided by the same vendor
There are several solutions that are needed in order to use Versatrans Student Tracking, including Versatrans Onscreen, Versatrans Routing & Planning and Tyler Telematic GPS.