The following questions are from the book Unreported Miracles: What You Probably Don’t Know About Your Child’s School Bus by Dr. Cal LeMon. Answer true or false.
1) School bus transportation infrastructure is the largest system of ground transportation in the U.S.
2) Approximately 75 percent of all K-12 students in the U.S. ride yellow school buses to and from school each day.
3) Fewer than 200,000 public school buses are on the roads each school day in the U.S.
4) Most crash-test research shows the two-point seat belt is safer than the present school bus seat design called compartmentalization.
5) There are more than 100 federal, state, provincial and local government agencies and industry associations involved with school transportation in the U.S. and Canada.
6) Bus driver candidates are mandated by the federal government to submit to drug testing and criminal background checks.
7) Funding for school transportation usually takes 10 percent of every dollar allocated for education.
Answers: 1) True, 2) False, 3) False, 4) False, 5) True, 6) False, 7) False