HUTCHINSON, Kan. — An event scheduled to be held here May 10-12 will focus on occupant/child passenger safety.
The Midwest Regional Child Passenger Safety Conference will take place at the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center. Attendees will have an opportunity to go to sessions that offer information on child passenger safety related to school transportation, emergency medical services, law enforcement, healthcare, child care, and technology advances in car seat and vehicle manufacturing.
More specifically, sessions topics will include:
• History of Child Passenger Safety
• Four Steps of Child Passenger Safety
• Safe Travel for Preemies/ICN/LBW
• Ambulance/Emergency Transportation
• School Bus Transportation
• Technical Updates
• Coalition Building
• Program Evaluation
• Fact or Fiction
• Rural Challenges: Risky Business
• Driver Behavior Risks
• Laws Impacting Behaviors
• Strategies to Enforce Occupant Protection Laws
Certified child passenger safety technicians and instructors, nurses and law enforcement officials are encouraged to attend, as is anyone with an interest in occupant protection.
For more information about the conference or to register, visit http://www.ktsro.org/conference.html.