Emphasizing a positive attitude will keep drivers happy, cut down on the potential for accidents and road rage and enhance employee retention. The following tips will help you contribute to a good collective attitude among drivers at your operation:
• Encourage a good night’s sleep to keep drivers alert physically and mentally.
• Instruct drivers to arrive early in order to successfully complete pre-trip inspections and catch up on any important news.
• Be patient, even-tempered and understanding with your drivers. Show them respect if you wish to receive it.
• Have a sense of humor. Be able to laugh at yourself when the situation calls for it.
• Try to get drivers to relax by setting an example. Breathe easily and visualize the tension draining from your body.
• Ensure that your drivers are free from the effects of drugs, alcohol or extensive medications.
• Make new drivers feel welcome.
• Foster a team environment. Encourage participation in safety meetings and involvement with bus yard activities.
• Welcome all questions.
Request More Info about this product/service/company