First Student will soon begin serving eight more districts in Illinois. The contractor expects to add approximately 200 more positions.
CINCINNATI — First Student is expanding its operations in Illinois after being selected to provide transportation for eight additional school districts for the upcoming school year.
The districts include:
• Addison School District 4
• Des Plaines School District 62
• East Maine School District 63
• Limestone Community High School District #310
• North Shore School District 112
• Richland School District #88A
• School District 45 (Villa Park School District)
• Will County School District 92
The buses that serve the students in these districts will be equipped with the industry’s latest technology, including digital video cameras and GPS tracking systems. First Student will also provide computerized routing to ensure efficiency and maximize savings for the school districts.
“We are pleased so many school districts recognize the value we provide,” said Bob Rutkoski, First Student area general manager. “We look forward to serving more communities in Illinois this coming school year, and we are grateful for the confidence school districts have in First Student to provide safe and reliable transportation.”
As a result of the new contracts, First Student is looking to grow its team in Illinois. The company expects to add approximately 200 new positions, including bus drivers and monitors. Additional information about working for First Student can be found at www.firststudentjobs.com.
Other recent news related to First Student:
• First Student to expand operations in New York