Seven school districts have been selected to receive grants for school bus security, safety and efficiency equipment from Zonar.
The National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT) and Zonar awarded the grants to the districts that were deemed to have submitted the best proposals for utilizing Zonar’s electronic fleet management solutions, including its Electronic Vehicle Inspection Reporting system.
The districts were recognized at the recent NAPT Summit in Grand Rapids, Mich. They are:
• Kanawha County Schools, Charleston, W.Va.
• Hudsonville (Mich.) Public Schools
• Del Norte County Unified School District, Crescent City, Calif.
• Pateros (Wash.) School District
• East Windsor Regional Schools, Hightstown, N.J.
• Bridgeport (Texas) Independent School District
• San Juan Unified School District, Carmichael, Calif.
“This is a tremendous opportunity for some of our members to acquire what in our industry is already recognized as equipment with a track record of saving dollars and much more by improving safety, security and overall efficiency of school bus operations,” NAPT Executive Director Mike Martin said when this year’s grant program was announced in June.