With winter and cold temperatures not too far off, Hydrotex has tips for maintaining an operation’s diesel fuel storage tanks and the fuel itself to avoid weather-related problems during the season.
The company, a manufacturer and distributor of high-performance lubricant and fuel improver solutions, recommends annual inspection of fuel tanks, which helps in diagnosing any potential problems, such as water contamination, biological growth and sediment that might be present in the tanks.
Officials said that with solid information about the tank’s condition, treating the fuel inside with a winterizing additive will help minimize any fuel-related problems.
According to Hydrotex, winter fuel additives help by:
• Keeping the fuel flowing in cold temperatures by lowering the pour point and the cold filter plugging point
• Dispersing moisture to protect against fuel filter icing and corrosion
• Cleaning fuel injectors to improve combustion and fuel economy
• Enhancing lubricity to prevent fuel pump and injector wear
• Improving storage stability by reducing fuel oxidation
Anyone with fuel-related questions may contact Hydrotex for assistance at [email protected] or (800) 527-9439. The company can design a customized year-round fuel treatment program.