SCHENECTADY, N.Y. — Transportation management solutions provider Transfinder hit several corporate milestones in 2012, company officials announced on Monday.
The company added 143 new clients, expanded its products and services, and achieved double-digit revenue growth. Revenues grew from $6.5 million to $7.85 million, a 20% increase over the prior year.
Transfinder, which provides student transportation management systems and services for more than 1,500 school districts in North America, also reached the final stages of constructing its new corporate headquarters at 440 State St. in downtown Schenectady, with an anticipated move-in date in the spring.
"Our growth this year demonstrates that we are meeting the needs of school districts that are trying to find ways to increase transportation efficiencies, keep their students safe and reduce costs,” said Antonio Civitella, president and CEO of Transfinder. “We have been fortunate to be able to offer products and services that meet these needs and have grown the company as a result."
Civitella recapped the company’s 2012 highlights at his annual State of the Union company meeting, held on Monday:
• Sustained double-digit revenue growth for the past 15 years.
• Named to the Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private sector companies for the seventh consecutive year.
• Reached the final stages of construction of a new $7 million corporate headquarters in downtown Schenectady.
• Expanded the staff in client services, client relations, development and quality assurance to support a growing client base. The company increased its staff to 65.
• Launched a new mobile app for the iPad — Infofinder mobile — which enables district administrators to access critical transportation information wherever they are.
"2013 marks our 25th year in business,” Civitella added, “and, as we look to the future, we expect to increase market share throughout North America and expand into international markets by offering new innovations that meet the changing needs of school districts and by partnering with industry leaders who offer compatible technology products."