June 13, 2012  |   Comments (10)   |   Post a comment

Security consultant to present at NAPT Summit

ALBANY, N.Y. — A security consultant who has worked with school districts for nearly a decade is scheduled to present during the upcoming National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT) Summit.

Bret E. Brooks is a senior consultant with a private firm, Gray Ram Tactical LLC, who has worked in the security and safety fields since 1998.

Brooks formerly served in the U.S. Army as a military police captain. He is also a former SWAT team member and full-time police officer.

In addition, Brooks is a member of the International Counter Terrorism Officers Association, where he serves as the Missouri state coordinator. He is also a contributing editor for SWAT Digest Magazine as part of the International Tactical Officers Training Association, and member of the International Association of Counter-Terrorism and Security Professionals.

Brooks has been a guest speaker at numerous conferences and has presented web seminar training programs for NAPT. He has also been invited to be a guest speaker at European school conferences to speak on violence-related issues.

Brooks has written several articles on this topic for SBF, including "Violent Students: Contributing Factors," "Nonverbal Indicators of Violence: What to Look For" and "Verbal Indicators of Violence."

The 2012 NAPT Summit will be held Oct. 20-25. For more information, visit the association’s website. For more information about Brooks, visit www.grayramtacticaltraining.com and click on the "Instructors" tab.

Read more about: conferences, NAPT, school bus security

We want Bret! We want Bret! We want Bret! ..........

Mark    |    Aug 14, 2012 01:22 PM

For what it is worth, his presentations are awesome! I REALLY HOPE NAPT ADDS HIM! He has written a number of articles for SBF and I understand he has been interviewed by many people. Even international I believe.

BB    |    Aug 14, 2012 12:46 PM

Thanks Kelly, but I wanted to go to the conference, but only if Bret was going to speak. I can't wait until just a month before the conference to see if he gets added. Either NAPT adds him soon or I am not going this year!

D    |    Aug 14, 2012 12:08 PM

Is there any way we can convince NAPT to include Bret in the conference? I think everyone there would really enjoy his presentation and most importantly find the information very beneficial.

Dawn    |    Aug 14, 2012 11:57 AM

SBF editor here. In response to the comments below, NAPT updates its Summit schedule periodically up until a month or so before the conference. I would suggest that you check the NAPT website for updates, and you may also contact NAPT directly through its website to inquire about Bret's presentation.

Kelly Roher, SBF editor    |    Aug 14, 2012 08:41 AM

Is the NAPT conference schedule finial? Maybe Bret just hasn't been added to the schedule yet? I would like my drivers to see him. We may just have to have him come to our school and speak to us.

CBB    |    Aug 14, 2012 04:45 AM

Why is this guy not listed on schedule for speaking? I heard he was good. Would like to see him in person. Friend of mine seen him and said he would pay $ to see him again, that good. Napt please let us know what's going on please!

Mab Rooks    |    Aug 13, 2012 06:34 PM

I saw one of his training programs. It was GREAT!!!!!!!!!! I would love to see him at this years conference. NAPT should do like they said above and have him speak!

CBB    |    Aug 13, 2012 05:32 PM

Good question! I had planned to go to the summit just to watch him. His presentation was the best training I'd seen in over 20 years!!! Not sure I will go now? All will miss out, I wonder what happened....

John Z    |    Aug 13, 2012 02:49 PM

Why isn't Bret listed on the conference agenda? I was really looking forward to seeing his presentation!

Mark    |    Aug 12, 2012 06:47 PM