August 22, 2011  |   Comments (43)   |   Post a comment

MV Transportation purchases N.Y. school bus operator

FAIRFIELD, Calif. — MV Transportation Inc. has purchased New York City school bus operator USA United Fleet Inc.

MV Transportation Inc.'s student transportation subsidiary, Reliant Transportation Inc., assumed the existing bus fleet and four New York City Department of Education operation and maintenance contracts. The company will begin operation of more than 500 bus routes with approximately 600 vehicles beginning with the start of school in New York City on Sept. 8.

The completion of the transaction, valued at over $75 million in revenue, marks the largest acquisition in the company's 36-year history, officials said.

"With MV's extensive passenger transportation experience, this deal represents the beginning of a great partnership not only for the Department of Education, but for New York schools, the city, former employees and of course, the students and their families," MV Transportation CEO R. Carter Pate said. "We are excited to have the opportunity to provide this critical student transportation service in New York and are glad to be able to extend jobs to this dedicated workforce."

MV Transportation, which also operates Access-A-Ride services in Harlem, Staten Island and Brooklyn for the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority, has already started working to transition the service and to qualify the more than 1,200 former USA United employees for employment.

"The job of transporting students is an extremely important responsibility," said MV Transportation Chief Operating Officer/President Kevin A. Klika, who is overseeing the operations for this start-up. "It is our goal to hire as many of the former company's employees as possible. Their existing knowledge of the service and the passengers will help provide for the smoothest transition possible."

MV Transportation employs 14,000 transit professionals and operates more than 200 paratransit, fixed-route, shuttle and Medicaid contracts in 27 states, the District of Columbia and British Columbia.

Read more about: New York

Request More Info about this product/service/company

I am seeking employment

ronald mccaskill    |    Nov 08, 2013 05:10 AM

I heard you are hiring drivers, I have a CDL "B" w/PS endorsements.if you want a reliable driver

Sonnia Montanero    |    Jan 24, 2013 12:45 PM

I heard you are hiring drivers, I have a CDL "B" w/PS endorsements. email if you want a reliable driver. Worked for SUPERTRANS,NY in Yonkers for 2 yrs.

Raymond Velazquez    |    Jan 24, 2013 03:01 AM

i have mi cdl with s endorsement and i also certified looking for a job

RAFAEL RIVERA    |    Dec 20, 2012 08:46 AM

Hi I just retire from ups ,and looken for a new career and your ad I do have my CDL w bp endorsement .just looken for a new Beginning I thank you for the time here's my ResumeHandled morning truck inventory at warehouse for daily customer deliveries. Scanned packages into the UPS Delivery Information Acquisition Device (DIAD IV) and load hand trucks prior to delivering packages to customers. Obtained customer signature upon delivery of packages. Handled afternoon package pick-ups from customers and scan them into the UPS Delivery Information Acquisition Device (DIAD IV). Loaded packages into the truck. Delivered packages to the warehouse. Unloaded value packages, which require review and confirmation by warehouse supervisor. Unloaded overnight packages. Trained and supervised seasonal package handlers. Maintained safety driver training on a yearly basis.347-513-1394 Nixon

Larry Nixon    |    Dec 04, 2012 09:22 AM

Hi, my name is Franklin Diaz, and applied for school bus driver by internet one and half years ago, but I don't received any answer yet. I'm an experienced driver w/CDL, B/p endorsement since 1996. I worked for: School Services and Leasing, First student, Durham School services in Kansas City, Missouri and GVC pre-school services in the Bronx. I have several friends working with you and I would like work in your Company. I went more than three times to the main office in Brooklyn to apply in person, but without results, I hope u contact me and feel free to call me at:646-626-3166,347-591-2484,646-323-4645 or e-mail me at:franklindiaz1954@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Franklin Diaz    |    Nov 21, 2012 12:30 PM

Hi am looking for work I have my CDs c, n2.with passenger I live in the bx and am ready to start ASAP, feel free to contact me at 407-271-7401, I hope u contact me. Thank you very much. Lydia

Lydia Hernandez    |    Nov 06, 2012 10:41 AM

Hi my name is Julian Aracena, I wish work for your Reliant Bus Company. Am living in area code 11421 but am ready to start any day. My cell is 347 840-4394 thank you.

Julian Aracena    |    Oct 15, 2012 10:44 AM

hello,l'm looking for job as a driver and l have all my certification and my refreshment classes all ready,please contact me at 347 692 6877,

sarah martinez    |    Sep 03, 2012 05:25 PM

hello, my name is Angel O. Cedeno, I'm loocking for a posittion in your company reliant as school bus driver, board of education certified, I have been driving school bus for 8 yrs in Selby transportation as driver, also have class B with B/P endorsements, and avaialable to star work any date, if interested you contact me at 347-340-1898/ 347-498-1603, thamk you for your consideratiom consi

angel O. Cedeno    |    Jun 23, 2012 12:09 PM

I'm loocking posittion operator driver school bus

angel O. Cedeno    |    Jun 23, 2012 11:45 AM

The following bus made an illegal lane change into the traffic coming off the Williamsburg Bridge into the BQE, 07:15am June 05,2012: Reliant Transportation #2852 NY PLate 14124-BB

Jesse    |    Jun 05, 2012 05:45 AM

hello my name s yerln would love work w you as bus drver '

YERLN SUERO    |    May 22, 2012 07:01 AM

please, don't let Reliant become unided bus because since september no one is in the union

zo    |    May 07, 2012 05:24 PM

hello im a certified doe bus driver for last 6yrs im driveing for 10 yrs for the last 10 yrs i pre-k work i know brooklyn and parts of queens hope to hear from yoy soon ny num is 917-733-8968 or 718 833-5450

george kokoros    |    May 01, 2012 11:36 AM

i m richard verdiner a school bus driver from laidlaw worked in jericho public school in nassau for seven years i would to be part of your team to have a better futur with more benefit contact ma at ;347 5307854

richard verdiner    |    Apr 27, 2012 05:11 PM

AM HAPPY TO BE PART OF A TEAM I LEARNED SO MUCH THANK YOU

DAVID OQUENDO    |    Apr 25, 2012 05:04 PM

hello,my name clara bailey Iam a bus driver, I need a job, u can contact me at this number 917-693-6849

clara m bailey    |    Apr 09, 2012 08:06 AM

Hello, my name is Maria Quezada, I am a driver, also I have all my certifications, and I have my 30 safe driver hours, refresment classes all redy. If you want to contac me please call me al 718-828-7323

Maria Quezada    |    Apr 04, 2012 05:42 PM

hello my name is cynthia collado i am writing to you today to let you know i was a employe at this company in the pass and i would love to work for you guys again i have all my certifications needed for this type of job.I was not fired before i needed more hours and you guys were not able to provide me with those hours at the time but i am hoping that now i have a chance to work with you guys again and with way more hours please write me back i expect to hear from you my contact numbers are 212 567 5151 and my other contact is 646 696 7226 thank you sincerely cynthia collado

cynthia collado    |    Apr 02, 2012 06:57 AM

Good day, my name is Maureena Danin looking for employment with your company in the Bronx I have 7yrs experience working with a bus company I started out as a certified monitor now I'm a certified driver if interested you may contact me at 917-353-7568 or at maureenadanin@gmail.com Thank you for your consideration.

Maureena Danin    |    Mar 01, 2012 06:08 AM

Bless Day. I am a board certified driver looking for employment at your company. You can contact me at 917-3480251 or riggs40b@optonline.net. Than you for your consideration.

Clive DeRiggs    |    Feb 29, 2012 09:13 AM

good day,I am a Board Certified driver looking for employment at your company, I was informed at the (718)389-4241 to apply here in this manner via my email

Annette    |    Feb 26, 2012 07:28 AM

Caleb pierre. 347 324 17 30

Caleb pierre    |    Feb 06, 2012 09:50 AM

I m looking for a position in your company ,I got my driver licence and I m ready to drive for you My phone number is 347 324 17

Caleb pierre    |    Feb 06, 2012 09:48 AM

My niece is looking to work for you as a monitor. she called so many times and did not receive any answers. Please feel free to call (347)221-8864. Thank you.

Edeline Decime    |    Feb 05, 2012 10:43 AM

hi, i have been working as a school bus driver for over 2 years now. I used to work for MV for over 5 years ago. I am interested in a driver's position with Reliant. I called several times at different intervals, the responses have been the same, there is no opening at the present time. Please do contact when there is, since i do have the necessary qualifications.

jules smith    |    Jan 11, 2012 11:30 AM

Hello, I'm searching for a posstion in your company as a Monitor - Attendant (METRO). I'm 100% Certificate as of 12-10-2011 and avaialable to start work any date. You can reach me at 1+(347) 224-0730 any time. Thank You

Elva Devers    |    Jan 05, 2012 11:51 AM

Im trying to switch over from paratransit to school bus if someone can help me please email me by the way my company just purchased reliant school bus but no one from management seems to have any information for me on what i can do to switch over i dont think it should be that hard

maurice thompson    |    Nov 28, 2011 10:18 AM

GOOD DAY MY NAME IS RAOUL ST FLAVIN,IAM A TRAINING PROVIDER I HAVE MY OWN LOCATION TO PROVIDE TRAINING, MY CLASS ROOM COULD FIT ABOUT 40 DRIVERS AND MONITORS,I PROVIDE ALL TRAININGS SUCH AS 19A CERTIFICATION,CPR/FIRSTAID,FALL AND SPRING REFRESHER,PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE,30HOURS MONITOR CLASS,30 HOURS SCHOOL BUS DRIVER.WE HAVE 2 SCHOOL BUS AVAILABLE FOR TRAINING,WE OPEN 6 DAYS A WEEK,9AM TO 7PM. WE LOCATED AT 1207 ROGERS AVENUE BROOKLYN NY 11226.PARKING AVAILABLE FOR DRIVERS.WE NEAR ALL TRANSPOTATION TRAIN #2,# 5 B 44,49,B 8,B 41.ETC.CHECK ME AT BOARD OF ED WEBSITE. TECHNIQUE COMMERCIAL DRIVINGSCHOOL.TEL 718-282-7792.

RAOUL ST FLAVIN    |    Nov 21, 2011 12:29 PM

Hello i am looking for a job as an escort please contact at 646 684 7235 i want to work i have my certificates ready thank you

Denissa    |    Nov 21, 2011 09:35 AM

CALL OPT TO COMPLAIN AND GET RESULTS, LODGE COMPLAINT DAILY TILL THIS COMPANY IS PROFESSIONAL. OPT PHONE 718-392-8855

hi    |    Nov 07, 2011 04:54 AM

Can anybody, please help me? How can I get my OPT card to work as an school bus escort? I have all my certificates for the course I took. I need and Iwant to work. Thanks

Miriam    |    Oct 26, 2011 11:06 AM

Hello everyone. SBF editor here. Please note: School Bus Fleet is a trade magazine that reports on the pupil transportation industry. We do not operate any buses and we do not have openings for bus drivers. If you are looking for a position at MV Transportation or elsewhere, please contact the company directly.

Kelly Roher    |    Oct 21, 2011 08:44 AM

Hello if you looking for a bus drver please contact me at jacksonpierre14@yahoo.com or jpierre212@gmail.comi had experience on that i used to work for progress paratransit for 3 years after lack off work. Working for Empire for one year Drove minivan to transport elderly sick and convalescent persons to various medical appointments.Ensured individuals were secured in vehicle during transported ride for their safety and to prevent injuries.Phone 347-641-3546.

jackson pierre    |    Oct 20, 2011 08:12 PM

If you are looking for reliable School Bus Driver,board of education certified please contact me at 'yana63r@hotmail.com. I have been driving school bus for 4 yrs.also have class b with p/s endorsements.Thank You...

Leonid Rotshteyn    |    Oct 18, 2011 05:57 PM

i am boared of ed certified driver i had apply for a position in august i have about 9 years experience as a driver 7 years driving acess a ride and 2 years driving school bus if there is a chance you would consider me for a drivers position please contact me by e mail pttrsdav@aol.com

david patterson    |    Oct 15, 2011 01:09 PM

HELLLOOOO your company has the phone off the hook......

jessica    |    Sep 08, 2011 11:46 AM

Hello, I'm an editor for School Bus Fleet magazine. To those of you who are having problems with getting your children picked up for school, I would recommend trying to contact the public relations person for MV Transportation. She might be able to put you in touch with someone at MV Transportation who can help you get these issues resolved. Her contact information is: Cristina Spencer. Phone: 707-474-7784. And you can send an e-mail here: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/emailprcntct?id=A2980F461E4DCE86

Kelly Roher    |    Sep 08, 2011 07:38 AM

I AM STILL WAITING FOR BUS ROUTE M725 TO PICK UP MY SON. WHY IS YOUR COMPANY KEEPING THE PHONE OFF THE HOOK? YOU ALREADY SENT THE WRONG BUS TO MY HOME. PLEASE SEND THE CORRECT BUS TO GET MY SON, NOW. THE SCHOOL BELL RANG ALONG TIME AGO. IF A PARENT IS NOT AT THE DROP OFF SITE AT THE DESIGNATED TIME, YOUR DRIVERS AND ESCORTS HAVE BIG ATTITUDES. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I CALLED DAYS BEFORE SCHOOL BEGAN, TO VERIFY THE CORRECT BUS ROUTE INFORMATION, AND STILL THIS COLOSSAL GOOF HAPPENS. I AM THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED. COME GET MY SON! - A.S. 09/08/2011

A. S.    |    Sep 08, 2011 06:50 AM

WHERE IS MV TRANSPORTATION INC SCHOOL BUS SERVICING BROOKLYN LOCATED? THE PHONE NUMBER 1-718-231-0457 IS NOT WORKING AND MY SON WAS NOT PICKED UP THIS MORNING (09-08-2011) FOR THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. i WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK SOMEONE PERSONALLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

MAXINE COOMBS    |    Sep 08, 2011 06:16 AM

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT THIS COMPANY IN THE NY, BROOKLYN AREA FOR THE PAST WEEK TO FIND OUT MY SON'S PICK UP TIME FOR TOMORROW, SEPT.8TH. DO I HAVE TO GUESS TOMORROW? I AM A CONCERNED AND FUSTRATED PARENT. STILL CALLING...

MAXINE COOMBS    |    Sep 07, 2011 06:32 AM

If you are looking for reliable School Bus Driver,please contact me.Ive been driving for 2yrs.also have class b linc,with p/s endorsements.Knowledge of all N.Y.C area BROOKLYN,Williamsburg,Cronw Heights,just about all areas,some Queens...Thank You...

Nicholas Quinto    |    Aug 30, 2011 04:09 PM